BeautyBliss23
Makeup and Hair and Nails, Oh My!

Friday, October 1, 2010
Hello lovely ladies!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday! This post is going to be about the haul I mentioned in one of my previous posts and a couple things I bought from the MAC Venomous Villains collection.


 


1.  L'Oreal HIP Studio Secrets Color Crystal Eyeliner in Silver Sparkle.  I've used the regular L'Oreal HIP eyeliners before, but never one of their Color Crystal ones.  This liner looks like it'll be great for adding some "sparkle" to a look, especially one for going out in the evening!


2.  MAC Leopard Luxe Quad from the Fabulous Felines collection.  I stopped by my MAC counter last week and picked up this awesome quad.  It has the perfect colors for a neutral look and a smokey eye.  I'll post a swatch of the shadows soon!



3.  Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Caramel.  I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but I usually do when I go out for events, clubs, etc.  I've used Revlon Colorstay foundation for the past year and I finally ran low on it.  I've read so many mixed reviews on the PhotoReady, so I figured I'd try it out for myself.  I did a quick test on my hand and so far, I haven't seen any of the "shimmer" that others have had.  I can't wait to try it since many of you have said that it's a good dupe for the Makeup Forever HD Foundation!

4.  Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipstick in Mocha Silk.  I've always been picky about lip products, so recently I decided to "open up" and try some new lipsticks/glosses/etc.  I ended up picking this one since it seemed like a safe, neutral choice lol.  



5.  Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipgloss in Perpetual Pink.  See, I kinda chose a not safe color? haha I NEVER wear pinks on my lip!


6.  Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipgloss in Timeless Nude.  A safe choice! =)



7.  StudioTools Eye Contour Brush.  This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE brush!  I have one already that I use for crease colors and I picked this one up since I've seen other beauty bloggers use similar brushes for concealer.  I'm hoping it works with my MAC Studio Finish concealer.  If not, I can always use a second crease color brush!



8.  MAC Bite of An Apple blush from the Venomous Villains collection.  OH MY GOSH.  I was super excited for this collection to come out because I grew up watching Disney movies (practically everyday haha)!!  I went to my MAC counter yesterday to check it out and ended up picking this blush up as soon as I saw it!  Its an insanely vibrant coral blush with a matte finish.  In case you're wondering, it's from the Evil Queen portion of the collection.

 

9.  MAC Vainglorious eye shadow from the Venomous Villains collection.  I wasn't planning on getting any eye shadows from this collection since they all looked like shadows I already owned, but this little gem caught my eye!  I don't usually wear cranberry/burgundy colors, so I'm excited to try something new with this shadow.  I think Vainglorious paired with MACs Woodwinked shadow would work really well!  Vainglorious also kinda reminds me of Urban Decay's eye shadow called Roach!  It has a really similar burgundy coloring.





10.  Maybelline Mineral Power Blush in Soft Mauve.  This is the first loose powder blush I've bought, so it'll be interesting to see how it applies and looks with my skin tone.  I usually don't like having to hassle with pigments/powders so I'm hoping that using this blush will be simple haha



11.  NYX Liner in Gold.  My reasoning for buying this liner was that I needed a gold "partner" for my L'Oreal Silver Sparkle liner lol.  I was looking around at my local beauty store for NYX products and saw this liner and figured it would be nice to try out.  

12.  Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner in Black Black.  Everyone needs a black liner and I bought this as a backup to keep in my purse/wristlet. =)

I just realized I left out the Color Club nail polishes I bought.  poop.  I'll post them in another post with swatches =)


I'm so excited for the weekend!  I was in a co-ed Fraternity when I was in college and tonight is the first major event of the semester and I'm super excited to go back as an alumnus and see all my friends!  Tomorrow is my college's homecoming game so I'm stoked for some tailgating and football as well!  I'll try to post some swatches tomorrow, but depending on the game, I may have to leave it til Sunday.  Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  (So sorry for the crazy long post!) and let me know if you have any questions about the products I mentioned! =)


xoxo,

Puja


DISCLAIMER:  All the products above were bought with my own money.  I am not affiliated with any cosmetic companies.

Labels: ,


Posted by BeautyBliss23 at 8:29 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment