BeautyBliss23
Makeup and Hair and Nails, Oh My!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!  I was in Westchester, New York for work Saturday to Monday morning, and I felt sick on Tuesday, so I didn't get a chance to post til now.  On my way back home on Monday, I stopped to shop at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in Central Valley, NY, so I didn't get home until late in the evening.  I got a few goodies for myself, which I'll  show in another blog post.  Although I was working this weekend, I still had some fun!  I work part time as an event coordinator, and this weekend, our team planned and coordinated a wedding at the Trump National Golf Course in Westchester.  The weather was beautiful, but sadly I didn't get any pictures of the wedding.

Anyway, on to the subject of this post, the Kings & Queens Aztec King Vanilla Pear Body Scrub:



I bought the scrub from Marshalls for only $5.  I stop by my local Marshalls at least once a week and I'd seen this scrub on the shelves for a few weeks now, so I decided to try it out.  My overall opinion is that it's a decent body WASH, not scrub.  When I think of a scrub, I assume that it'll have the little gritty beads in it to help exfoliate.  This scrub barely had any at all, they were pretty much nonexistent!  However, the product is a good body wash.  It has a nice light, sweet scent (vanilla pear) and lathers the perfect amount.  It also looks pretty cool:




It's super shimmery, but it doesn't make your skin look shimmery at all.  One thing I did notice though is that it has the funkiest texture.  The best words I can think of to describe it are "gack" and "goop" haha


Overall, I think it's pretty good bang for your buck, and I would repurchase it.  Also, the packaging is adorable.  The back of the tube gives an explanation for the vanilla scent:


It says:
"In pre Colombian Mexico vanilla was considered a potent aphrodisiac, which is why the Aztec kings and their many wives consumed countless cups of vanilla drinks every day...All the Kings & Queens products are enriched with Pomegranate, Blue Egyptian Lotus and Malachite extracts to maximize your enjoyment"


If you want more info, the website for the company is:  www.forkingsandqueens.com

Let me know what your opinions on the product are or if you have any suggestions for body scrubs!

xoxo,

Puja

Posted by BeautyBliss23 at 8:56 PM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment